Question About Interwikis
JA: I copied our article on Inquiry over to the P2P Foundation Wiki, so it looks like this over there and I asked the Chief Cook there, Michel Bauwens, if he could make a Mywikibiz interwiki to cover the resulting redlinks, but he didn't know how to do that, so I was wondering if it was something that was simple enough to explain to him? TIA, Jon Awbrey 12:38, 17 January 2008 (PST)
- This looks to be quite complicated, involving scripts to the database. I'll keep researching hoping to discover a more simplified explanation than here --OmniMediaGroup 13:31, 17 January 2008 (PST)
Question About RDF Export
JA: I don't know anything about RDF, but I notice that our RDF Export pages come up a lot on Google searches before anything else does. However, they all seem to contain a lot of references to Centiare URLs, so I was wondering if this was a problem from a SEO standpoint. For example, see:
JA: Thanks, Jon Awbrey 13:38, 20 January 2008 (PST)
- Thanks for bringing this SEO problem to my attention. I'll see if I can fix this in the semantic settings file that I previously overlooked. --OmniMediaGroup 14:04, 20 January 2008 (PST)
All fixed, thanks JA. --OmniMediaGroup 15:04, 20 January 2008 (PST)
Best format for semantic dates
I'm going to be compiling about 8 or 10 semantic attributes on the airline disasters:
- Aircraft type
- State (where crash occurred)
- Nearest airport
- Cause (Air traffic control, Weather, Wildlife, Mechanical flaw, Instrument failure, Hijacking, Pilot error, Military engagement)
- Passengers (including crew)
That last one, I'm curious to get your opinion. What's the best way to format the date so that it can be properly sorted in an ASK query table? Should I just go with year? I don't want the table sorting all the January dates, then the February dates, etc. -- MyWikiBiz 07:04, 8 April 2008 (PDT)
- I'd say go with YYYY-MM-DD as show on Attribute:Date --OmniMediaGroup 09:08, 8 April 2008 (PDT)
Question About Google Ad Placement
Hi Karen, I just got off the phone with your brother Greg. He mentioned to me that I should ask you about google ads. I tried to copy and paste the code that google spit out on my page but it does not work, so I just used the template already in the page and then added my pub number to it. How do I place ads n my page the way google intended? They have some really neat ad types that I would love to incorporate. Thanks! I am new to this type of coding, so its taking me a bit of time to get used to how it all works! Thanks so much in advance!
- For reply User_talk:Followfocus
One for RSS fun
An edit summary for the RSS feeds. - MyWikiBiz 14:51, 17 May 2008 (PDT)
Something fishy about the AOL Hot Searches
Comment over here. Didn't want you to miss it. - MyWikiBiz 12:51, 24 June 2008 (PDT)
Hi, I replied to your post on my politics talk page. I must say I am impressed with http://mywikibiz.googlepages.com/mywikibizshow.html, you mean we are allowed to post business linx here? How did you get googlepage link and i see some have special in theyr mywikibizs link, what biz are you into? Are youc computer programmer of know of some good ones with C language? Any advertisement here ok? So both you and your bro are the owners? Wikipedia has no freedom, your biz will grow if you allow fine contributors more control over pages they created, how about starting mywikibiz in Spanish? We have many ideas, seldom fail, if properly approached...BoxingWear 13:58, 17 October 2008 (PDT)
Could you please clear one deletion log from your March 22 2009 archive?
It lists the name "if the name is ???xxx??? don't use it here, it will get crawled by Google", the name of my client in which he wishes his name have nothing to do with this site. And when you google his name, the Washington and Wisconsin archive lists his name. After you fulfill this request, I kindly ask that you erase his name from this post as well. Thank you.
Got you covered --OmniMediaGroup 07:56, 8 April 2009 (PDT)
Oh, actually it's on the 21 March 2009 archive of the Washington and Wisconsin archive
Typo on the date. Is it cleared alraedy by the way? I'm guessing Google cache would no longer crawl it eventually.
It's still listed in the Wisconsin archive and crawled by Google.
Kindly delete it from the Wisconsin archive. Please and thank you.
HI OmniMediaGroup! Just pop in to say that I would love to expand thePhotography Article sometime in the near future. It would be probably this weekend, if thats fine with you-OmniMediaGroup. Thanks Peter Z. 19:29, 28 September 2009 (PDT)
- Excellent! It's fine with me Peter Z. --OmniMediaGroup 09:17, 29 September 2009 (PDT)
I'm trying to promote an artist and this artist's my wikibiz is on the second how can i make it at least on the first page on google? It's linked everywhere i go it's linked to Mywikibiz and yet it's on the second page and it sucks!!! Please help me? (Michael Chen 17:12, 24 February 2010 (PST))
- I made a few changes to the article, adding feeds for fresh content for the Google spiders. Give it a few days. MyWikibiz's "recent changes" are on Google's FeedBurner. Every time an article has an edit, Google re-indexes the page. --OmniMediaGroup 10:07, 25 February 2010 (PST)
Must the article be editted constantly to stay on google's pages? Plus, thanks for contributing! (Michael Chen 06:30, 26 February 2010 (PST))
Title recoding during recent server move?
It looks like the article titled
Directory:Jon Awbrey/Papers/Information = Comprehension × Extension
got recoded as
Directory:Jon Awbrey/Papers/Information = Comprehension Ã— Extension
during the recent server move.
I tried to fix it with a redirect, but it's still causing problems with links I've placed at other sites. It looks like the original code is still a valid title here, so maybe the page could just be moved back to that? Jon Awbrey 19:18, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- Jon, could you give us an example of a link placed at another site that doesn't "work" when clicked over to here? I've tried both of your links above, and they both work -- one on its own merit, and the other as a redirect. -- MyWikiBiz 19:42, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
For instance, some sites and discussion lists force me to use the alias:
But the recent recoding puts a kink in the redirect from that. And I keep finding similar variants that I have to fix one by one. I can't change the links on email posts because those are fixed forever. Just seems like it would be easier to move the page back where it was, since that's still a valid title here, I think. Jon Awbrey 19:54, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
My last attempt to edit the logical graph article resulted in a blank page and it won't let me edit again. Jon Awbrey 04:20, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- I think we got the page back minus edits. Greg will be talking to the wiki expert soon to discuss some of these long page edit issues. I believe it has something to do with the page log compression. --OmniMediaGroup 17:24, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- The page came back but when I tried to edit a small section it goes blank again in the middle of the <action=submit> command. The aborted edit gets logged in my contrib history but not in recent changes. Jon Awbrey 17:30, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
I guess I'll hang it up til further notice. My last edit on truth theory caused the page to go blank. Jon Awbrey 20:20, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- For safe keeping
How did you get that embedded video on the main page? I need to embed some videos from Facebook, but the code they suggested doesn't work here.
See this page for what I did so far.
Thanks, Jon Awbrey 19:54, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- I made the required changes here adding an embed tag and deleted trailing object tag. --OmniMediaGroup 21:27, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- Super !!! Thanks !!! Jon Awbrey 12:24, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
System Running Awfully Slow & Buggy Today
I don't know if it has to do with the size of the page I'm working on …
or whether it's a problem with the system … Jon Awbrey 18:42, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry Jon, I made some changes to a few templates. System should be back at full speed soon. --OmniMediaGroup 18:59, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, glad it wasn't something I did … Jon Awbrey 19:16, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
- Never you, always me.--OmniMediaGroup 19:21, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
"nonumtoc" seems broken
The "nonumtoc" widget seems to be broken ...
- <div class="nonumtoc">__TOC__</div>
Was fixed, now broken again. Jon Awbrey 05:15, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
Bad Category Page Needs Deletion
Jon Awbrey 21:30, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- Done, --OmniMediaGroup 15:02, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
how did you implement that "nonumtoc" thingie?
I need to try and add one to another mediawiki site. Jon Awbrey 15:04, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
- <div class="nonumtoc">__TOC__</div>
- I believe this is just active in the version of MediaWiki we are using here. I don't recall adding any special extension. You may have to contact the admin of the other site for implementation. --OmniMediaGroup 20:51, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
Okay, thanks, I tried looking under templates, couldn't find anything like that there, and had no idea where such a thing might be stored. Is there some kind of configuration toggle, maybe? Jon Awbrey 02:30, 26 June 2013 (UTC)