Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Friday May 24, 2013
Embed from Alexa
- I played around with it a little bit trying to get rid of the spaces, but it still didn't work. Perhaps you could send an email to the developers - I'm sure they'd get right back to you. Btw, it looks like we're consistently beating the other guys, except for some weird spike in cit's traffic. Snerfling 06:28, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- I can't figure it out either. Though it is cool that wikis now have spell checker. Garrett 12:05, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
Widget/Gadget Content & SEO
Garrett, I've been talking to Greg about utilizing scripts within directory listings to improve their usability, thus links & page ranks. Since you've got so many pages, I will direct this question towards you: what types of information scripts exist that you could add to improve reader interest?
Example: Lawyer Direct - what types of legal RSS feeds or widgets summarizing recent developments, court cases, etc can be added to these pages? How would they be integrated with the sem tags? Should maps be added to each specific directory listing? IOW, if you can boost your Centiare page to #1, how do you do it & what is there when a reader clicks through to the listing? Snerfling 12:43, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- Why don't we get esoteric scripts that only 4 people know how to and water them down for the masses. We need the return of the easy autofill template - the quick add thing we have now just plain sucks.
- Let's say we have a page where you check a box for business, personal, non-profit, or professional creation. Page two check a box for what color you want your page, if you want a photo gallery, rss feed, put in your google adsense number, youtube video number then generate a preview with sanford milson's info. Page three is a video how-to that shows them what to do and the pre generated code right under
- .... or if they click the "professional creation" have page two is my autofill template that e-mails me directly with a price list.
- I'll add this to the proposal's page for a proper discussion. Garrett 13:15, 10 May 2007 (PDT)
- Garrett, why don't you take a look at the featured content page to review some of the script examples. Two things spring to mind:
- you could add some wrapper content to the respective developer pages (to provide more info) + your click ads; and/or
- use the scripts within your other directory listings (medical, legal, etc.) to provide more dynamic content. For example, take a look at the daily dermatology news; there's probably stuff out there for everything under the sun.
- To expand on that notion, you could add weather, travel, news, etc to your New York City & other travel destination listings. The list is really quite endless - it's all about building useful content via external links (scripts). This way, it takes the manual editing responsibilities off your shoulders by letting you leverage other 'Net components. Snerfling 11:23, 16 May 2007 (PDT)
Garrett, did you get the email I sent you at your houston.rr.com account? Snerfling 10:02, 17 May 2007 (PDT)
- Just responded Garrett 12:00, 17 May 2007 (PDT)
Sent you another one re: bots. Snerfling 03:27, 19 May 2007 (PDT)
Did you see my note about May's TFAs? To recap, I've got the remainder of this month's M-F listings lined up featuring various gadget/widget developers & their apps. Feel free to use the weekend editions for whatever listings you wish to promote. Snerfling 14:45, 17 May 2007 (PDT)
No bot. Data merged a text template. --OmniMediaGroup 13:06, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
They are yours (sam jackson, quentin tarantino, and martin scorcese)--OmniMediaGroup 13:09, 21 May 2007 (PDT)
Are You Frustrated?
I know that you have been following the traffic rankings and yes Centiare is on the upward move. As you can see from the display above, the "links in" is what's killing us. Three links in from ranking sites. This is a figure that will really take some time to remedy, six weeks at best for a good spider crawl. I've been spending some time dropping Centiare links all over the internet but only on sites with at least a "Page Rank of 4 on the main domain. Making a lens on Squidoo (page rank 6) or writing some free ads at USfreeAds (page rank 5) and linking them back to your Centiare pages should really help your traffic and the Centiare community. --OmniMediaGroup 13:15, 25 May 2007 (PDT)
<sharethis /> is our friend. Snerfling 13:46, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
- I got a cease a desist message from newsvine today so don't shamelessly self promote there anymore. Garrett 13:50, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
- I'm surprised they care - after all, that's what these sites are all about. It's not like there's anything useful about them. Their real game is providing a forum for geeky types to utter witty comments about others' pathetic spamming efforts. Snerfling 14:09, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
- Cool! Garrett 11:18, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
While working on the SoX listings, I created a new tag called Attribute:Outbound Link. I realized that while 'attribute:web' is useful for an entity's own web site, we needed something more powerful for secondary web references, such as database sites, social neworking (Digg), et al. You can take a look at the Red Bus Digg link for an example. Snerfling 13:44, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
- Can you make a robot that changes all the external links on the site to outbound links? Speaking of how are those 20k of articles coming? Garrett 13:50, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
- You could, but the input criteria would have to be very specific. For example, when WP decided to change the format of 'External links' to 'External Links' (or vice versa?), they just looked for that string and replaced it. With the actual external links (http, etc), the variances might be such that a bot could get confused.
- I'm switching over live to the updated MW1.10/SWM0.7 later tonight. It's a major change that alters prior versions of the underlying database. I'm not sure how many other wikis have the technical competence to be able to make the switch. I'll start the 20K+ upload process the next day. Snerfling 14:06, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
- I see well cool beans anyways. I hope the differences with the new version are nothing like XP to Vista. Now that's a flame war discussion though 99% of the internet community probably feels the upgrade was an evil way to make money by merely offering XP w/ 3D lipstick. Garrett 14:13, 28 May 2007 (PDT)
Garrett, why don't you complete the description of your bot, then go ahead and create a new user ID by that name. I'll change its status to bot, at which point you can add it to the list of approved bots.
Please be sure to test the bot via your regular ID (limited to 3 edits) so that we can see changes at recentchanges. Once we know it's operating ok, then you can run it as a bot. Snerfling 09:53, 30 May 2007 (PDT)
- Garrett, you should convert names, street address & cities to "title case" for better readability. If Excel can't handle it, Word can. Just select table column, then format->title case. Snerfling 11:23, 1 June 2007 (PDT)
Garrett, I don't know if you just happened back on our scene, or whether you were summoned here, but either way -- it's good to see you! -- MyWikiBiz 18:44, 26 October 2008 (PDT)