MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Sunday December 04, 2022Jump to navigationJump to search
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Coachella 2013 Lineup Revealed At Long Last
</a>MTV.comModest Mouse, Lou Reed, Jurassic 5 (back together for the first time since 2007), the XX, Sigur Ros, Social Distortion and the Wu-Tang Clan are just some of the other acts set to perform at Coachella 2013, which will once again take place over two ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Coachella 2013: Blur, Phoenix, Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline
</a>Los Angeles TimesLast year the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival used technological trickery to make it look as if Tupac Shakur had been brought back to life. So what do you do for an encore to one of pop music's biggest magic shows? Coachella organizers have ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Top 9 Things That Happen With JJ Abrams Behind Star Wars
</a>WiredOh, the unavoidable lens flare jokes that happen when J.J. Abrams directs a Disney-owned Star Wars. (Image: Ruth Suehle). When the news broke that J. J. Abrams will be directing the next Star Wars movie, some jokes were inevitable. Here are our top ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">No Sith! JJ Abrams to direct new 'Star Wars' sequel
</a>New York Daily News“Star Trek” director and “Lost” cocreator J.J. Abrams has been signed to helm “Star Wars; Episode 7,” the next chapter in George Lucas's interstellar blockbuster series, currently due in 2015. Abrams, 46, whose 2011 movie “Super 8” captured the pop ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Lindsey Vonn's statement regarding Tiger Woods reports
</a>USA TODAYBronze medalist Lindsey Vonn holds United States' flag during the flower ceremony for the Women's super-G at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics in Whistler, British Columbia. Gero Breloer, AP. Related storyFullscreen. None. Vonn races in the Women's ...
<a href="http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/21610188/reports-suggest-tiger-woods-might-be-dating-lindsey-vonn" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Reports suggest Tiger Woods might be dating Lindsey Vonn</a>CBSSports.com (blog)beginning a relationship with Lindsey Vonn. That's what Star magazine is reporting anyway. The Daily News has details as well. In fact, acc
January 24 in history:
- 1848, James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill in northern California, a discovery that led to the gold rush of '49
- 1908, the first Boy Scout troop was organized in England by Robert Baden-Powell
- 1924, the Russian city of St. Petersburg was renamed Leningrad in honor of the late revolutionary leader (however, it has since been re-named St. Petersburg)
- 1943, President Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Churchill concluded a wartime conference in Casablanca, Morocco
- 1972, the Supreme Court struck down laws that denied welfare benefits to people who had resided in a state for less than a year
- 1978, a nuclear-powered Soviet satellite plunged through Earth's atmosphere and disintegrated, scattering radioactive debris over parts of northern Canada
- 1985, the space shuttle Discovery was launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida., on the first secret, all-military shuttle mission
- 1989, confessed serial killer Ted Bundy was put to death in Florida's electric chair
- 1995, the FDA approved Olestra, the nation's first zero-calorie artificial fat.
- 1995, Specialist Michael New was discharged from the U.S. Army after a court-martial jury convicted him for refusing to wear a UN beret for a peacekeeping mission in the former Yugoslavia
- 2003, the new Department of Homeland Security officially opened and its chief, Tom Ridge, was sworn in
- 2007, Democratic-controlled Senate Foreign Relations Committee dismissed President Bush's plans for a troop buildup in Iraq as "not in the national interest" of the United States