Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Directory:Internet Review Corporation
MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Wednesday May 22, 2013
- Gregory Kohs
- Anthony Dipierro
- Paul Wehage
- Judd Bagley
Generally, the corporation's purpose was gathering, discussing, analyzing, and distributing news and information. The directors communicated to the world via a blog found at Akahele.org.
The entity was dissolved in early 2010, owing to what was perceived to be a lack of wider interest in the organization's output.
(DRAFT in progress) The IRC mission is to eliminate unethical practices and content on the Internet by educating the general public about those elements having a measurable detrimental impact on our society. We strive to exercise journalistic excellence to present complex issues to the average citizen, while deepening our commitment to values like respect for others, personal responsibility, attribution of work, and common courtesy.
Bylaws of the Internet Review Corporation
- The name of the organization shall be Internet Review Corporation.
- Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors shall serve without pay and consist of four members.
- Board members must publicly identify themselves by real name.
- Board members shall serve two-year terms, except for the inaugural terms of the organization, which shall be as follows:
- The Chair shall initially preside for 27 months; the President shall initially serve for 24 months; the Secretary shall initially serve for 21 months; the Treasurer shall initially serve for 18 months.
- Vacancies shall be filled by simple plurality vote of the Board (less outgoing member(s)) at the next regular quarterly meeting, with nominations accepted up until 3 days before that meeting. New appointments will begin their service immediately. Board members whose term is expiring are welcome to stand again for nomination.
- Board members with three consecutive absences from either Board meetings or from publication schedule shall be dismissed from the Board.
- The officers of the board shall consist of a Chair and Parliamentarian, President, Secretary, and Treasurer nominated by the Board.
- Elected officers will serve a term of one year.
- (a) The Chair shall preside at all Board meetings, appoint committee members, and perform other duties as associated with the office. (b) The President shall assume the duties of the Chair in case of the Chair’s absence. (c) The President will break any tie votes on measures the Board may hear. (d) The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of the Board, keep all approved minutes in a minute book, and send out copies of minutes to all. (e) The Treasurer shall keep record of the organization’s budget and prepare financial reports as needed.
- The Board may appoint standing and ad hoc committees as needed.
- Regular meetings shall be held during the first week of every calendar quarter.
- Special meetings may be held at any time when called for by the Chair or a majority of Board members.
- Agendas shall be provided at least three days in advance.
- (a) A majority of board members constitutes a quorum. (b) In absence of a quorum, no formal action shall be taken except to adjourn the meeting to a subsequent date.
- Passage of a motion requires a simple majority (i.e., one more than half the members present), or a split vote with the President's tie-break.
- Conflict of Interest
- Any member of the Board who has a financial, personal, or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Board, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member from acting on the matter in an impartial manner, will offer to the Board to voluntarily excuse him/herself and will vacate his seat and refrain from discussion and voting on said item.
- Fiscal Policies
- The fiscal year of the board shall coincide with the calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
- These by-laws may be amended by a three-quarters vote of Board members present at any meeting, provided a quorum is present and provided a copy of the proposed amendment(s) are distributed to each Board member at least one week prior to said meeting.