MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Thursday June 08, 2023Jump to navigationJump to search
Dentist is a name given to an accredited health care professional specializing in the care of teeth, gums or the mouth. In the United States, one becomes a dentist by earning either a DDS degree (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or a DMD degree (Doctor of Medical Dentistry).
In 2000, it was estimated that there were 168,000 dentists in the United States, or one dentist for every 1647 Americans. 
A large number of dentists practice in their own offices or in cooperation with a small number of dentists. The NAICS counted 107,558 dentist offices in the United States. 
Businesses operating as dentist offices will identify themselves by the following 5-digit NAICS code:
- 62121 - Offices of Dentists
- ^ <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>"Estimated Supply of Selected Health Personnnel and Practioner-to-Population Ratios, Selected Years: 1970-2000". Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- ^ <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>"Number of U.S. Businesses in category 62, Health Care and Social Assistance". Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- See Talk:Dentist for discussions/comments regarding this article.
- See Dentist/Aficionados for those who have listed Dentist as an interest.
- See Talk:Dentist/Aficionados for discussions regarding this interest.